Campus 2023 : ESSEC at the level of the best international standards
In 2023, three new buildings will radically transform the way we teach, research, live, work and study on the Cergy campus, supporting ESSEC’s new strategy and its TOGETHER approach.
This ambitious project responds to the new needs expressed by students and faculty of an eco-friendly, socially engaged and state-of-the-art campus.
It positions ESSEC at the level of the best international academic standards.
1/ Pierre Nanterme Center for Responsible Leadership
• A new building on 2 floors with new generation multi-purpose classrooms, connected and modular in interaction with companies
• On the ground floor: 700 m2 of "WorkLab" spaces to develop joint projects between companies, students and researchers
• At the first floor: 900m² of spaces for new pedagogies
2/ Research Green Tower
• A new equipment to support the animation of an academic research using modular, agile and user-friendly spaces
• Spaces dedicated to international research seminars, thesis rooms, new work places for research for professors-researchers and doctoral students
• An eco-friendly and eco-sufficient tower
3/ Sports and Recreation Center
• A new building with modern and versatile sports infrastructure, for a healthy mind in a healthy body
• Two floors meeting the needs of students (1100m² omnisports room, climbing wall, 2 multisport rooms, 2 rooftop tennis courts)
• With an access via a transparent glass in order to allow the use by other actors of the territory
• ESSEC has just been awarded the Generation 2024 label for three years.
An exceptional commitment for Campus 2023
In 2021, two donors of the ESSEC Foundation, such as Benoit Verbrugghe (M99) and Rodolphe Carle (E99), committed to support the Campus 2023 project.Read more
This is about tomorrow's education
Thomas Koehrer is Managing Director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in London, and graduated from the ESSEC's Grande Ecole (E97). He has chosen to give to the ESSEC Foundation for ESSEC Campus 2023 project.Read more
Donate for the new Sports & Recreation Center
ESSEC has just been awarded the Generation 2024 label for three years. In the perspective of the 2024 Olympic Games, this label will allow the school to pursue its commitment to student sports and the development of students through sport.Read more
« Implementing a project like Campus 2023 is an absolute necessity for ESSEC. It will ensure the attractiveness and competitiveness of our school. This project is stimulating, refreshing, and eco-friendly. It is therefore the perfect way to give, or even give back, on an ambitious project. »
Benoit Verbrugghe (M99),
Member of the Campus 2023 Development Committee,
Executive committee member of ARDIAN
« To support this project, I first mobilized all the energies of ESSEC Alumni and then, as an individual with another entrepreneur of my promotion, Mickaël Ohana, we made a donation of €500,000 for the project. It seemed important to us that the latest promotion of the millennium remains active for the construction of the campus of the third millennium. »
Rodolphe Carle (E99),
Thomas Koehrer is Managing Director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in London, and graduated from the ESSEC's Grande Ecole (E97). He has chosen to give to the ESSEC Foundation for ESSEC Campus 2023 project.
ESSEC has just been awarded the Generation 2024 label for three years.
In the perspective of the 2024 Olympic Games, this label will allow the school to pursue its commitment to student sports and the development of students through sport.
A projection in the digital age and a pedagogy open to the world and to the companies of type «Factory Lab» for joint projects with companies/students/researchers.
Connected to the world and in contact with companies
To ensure that academic excellence is reflected in teaching (Chairs created as Labs where research and teaching feed each other) and the multiple collaborations, in an increasingly competitive international environment.
For an advanced and experimental research at ESSEC
To put sport back at the heart of the campus experience, for a healthy mind in a healthy body.
Facing the François Mitterrand Park
Almost 50 years after its installation in the Cergy Pontoise, ESSEC Business School reinvents itself to imagine the academic experience of tomorrow. A projection and anticipation over the coming years that respond to the new challenges of education.
Vincenzo Vinzi, ESSEC Chief Executive
Campus 2023 pictures: ©Architecturestudio